Have any questions? Feel free to contact us:
+1 (416)-402-6888

Permanent Resident Card Renewal

PCCIC > Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Keep your Permanent Resident Card valid to ensure you can return to Canada when travelling abroad.

Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Who should renew?

You should only apply for a PR card if:

*Your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months
*Your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed
*You didn’t receive your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada
*You need to update your card to:
…legally change your name
…change your citizenship
…change your gender designation
…correct your date of birth

To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days.

Is your Consultant Registered?

Ensure your chosen consultant is licensed to practice by the Canadian Goverment. Immigration consultants must be a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Lawyers or notaries from a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec. Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.