Have any questions? Feel free to contact us:
+1 (416)-402-6888

Study Permit Renewal

PCCIC > Study Permit Renewal

Study Permit Renewal

Always maintain a legal status in Canada. The expiry date on your study permit tells you when you have to stop studying and leave Canada. You can find the expiry date in the top right corner of your permit. This date is usually the length of your study program, plus 90 days. The extra 90 days gives you time to prepare to leave Canada or to extend your status as a visitor in Canada.

Study Permit Renewal

Study Permit Expiration Options

If you want to keep studying, you need to extend your study permit. You should apply to extend your permit at least 30 days before it expires. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire at the same time. You can’t extend your study permit beyond your passport’s expiry date.

If you apply before your permit expires, you can stay in Canada under the same conditions as your current study permit until you get a decision.

You should apply to extend your study permit if you plan to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are travelling.

Alternately, you may apply to extend your study permit, apply for a work permit, if you finished studying and are eligible for a post-graduate work permit, or apply to change your status and stay in Canada as a visitor or leave Canada.

Is your Consultant Registered?

Ensure your chosen consultant is licensed to practice by the Canadian Goverment. Immigration consultants must be a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Lawyers or notaries from a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec. Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.