Have any questions? Feel free to contact us:
+1 (416)-402-6888


PCCIC > Visit


Canada welcomes more than 35 million temporary residents (non-immigrants) annually. Except for Canadian citizens and permanent residents, all other individuals require permission to enter Canada as a visitor and require either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization), unless they are an American Citizen.

Flag with CN Tower

Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visas) & eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for Canada

Foreigners need either a TRV or an eTA as follows:

Temporary foreign workers (individuals with work permits)
International students (individuals on study permits)
Business Visitors

There are three types of Temporary Resident Visas, they are:

Single Entry Visa – this allows the foreign national only one entry into Canada;
Multiple Entry Visa – this allows the foreign national unlimited entry into Canada pending the validity of the Visa; and
Transit Visa – this allows entry to Canada for ​foreign ​nationals who are travelling and who stop in Canada for less that forty-eight (48) hours, but who’s country of origin is one that requires a visa.

Super VISA

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a special visa issued to the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.For up to 2 years, it permits extended stays in Canada, and multiple entries into Canada, and to help parents and grandparents stay connected with their Canadian families. Admissibility criteria, including medical admissibility, income requirements for the hosts, and private insurance requirements apply.

To be eligible for a Super Visa:

1. The sponsor must meet the minimum necessary income (for Super Visa) requirement, and provide the most recent Canadian tax return (Notice of assessment) where line 150 meets or exceeds this amount.
2. Purchase Canadian healthcare insurance of $100,000 coverage for at least 1 year- check the cost for insurance here. (approximately $2,000 – $3,000 CAD per year).
Complete a medical examination.
3. A written commitment of financial support from the Sponsor (child or grandchild) must be provided.
4. Depending on the citizenship of the sponsored person, a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) may also be required for non visa-emempt countires. If a TRV is required, please be advised that there is a rigorous screening process and there is a high rate of refusal when individuals apply on their own.

Canada Super VISA
Canada Business VISA

Business Visitors

There are a number of subdivisions under this category, but all business visitors must meet the following general criteria:

1. There must be no intent to enter the Canadian labour market (there will be no gainful employment in the country)
2. The worker’s activity in Canada must be international in scope (it is assumed that a business visitor will engage in cross-border activity of some sort)
3. For business visitors in Canada working for a foreign employer, the following criteria are assumed:
i) The primary source of the worker’s compensation is outside of Canada
ii) The principal place of employment is located outside of Canada
iii) The employer’s profits are accrued outside of Canada
iv) When travelling to Canada, a business visitors should be prepared to present immigration officials with documentation that attests to their desired status in Canada. This documentation will vary on a case-by-case basis. Often, items such as a letter of support from a parent company or letter of invitation from a Canadian company can help to bolster one’s likelihood of acceptance as a business visitor.

There are many exceptions to these regulations. We can help you navigate these complexities.

Is your Consultant Registered?

Ensure your chosen consultant is licensed to practice by the Canadian Goverment. Immigration consultants must be a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Lawyers or notaries from a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec. Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.