Have any questions? Feel free to contact us:
+1 (416)-402-6888


PCCIC > Study


Studying in Canada is a rewarding decision that can provide a world class education, a multi-cultural learning experience and a lifetime of memories.

For many, studying in Canada is the first step in becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident. Graduates from Canadian colleges and universities are eligible for post-secondary work permits, earning valuable Canadian work experience that may form the basis of any future application for Permanent Residence.

Study Globe

Applications for Study Permit

You must first be accepted into a designated learning institution and have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay. Acceptable english language testing score are also required prior to receiving offers of admission. Full time students in approved programs are authorized to work part time during the school year, and full time during regularly scheduled study breaks.

International Students who plan to study in Canada for more than six (6) months, and who have resided in certain countries within a year prior to their arrival in Canada will be required to undergo a medical examination prior to being granted a Study Permit.

Foreign nationals, who holds a Study Permit, is not covered under the Provincial Health Coverage plans. If your school does not provide such medical coverage under a group plan, we strongly suggest that you obtain private insurance to cover you during your stay in Canada.

Study Permit Refusals

Often Student Visas get refused. It’s more difficult for Foreign Nationals from Non visa-exempt countries who must ensure a strong application is prepared in order to convince the visa officer they are a good candidate for a Student Visa. This is because Non visa-exempt countries have been flagged by Canadian Immigration, and citizens from these countries must go through a much more rigorous screening process. Every Student, Worker, or Visitor from a non visa-exempt country requires a TRV visa with their passport (travel authorization) before they are allowed to board a plane and travel to Canada. When a candidate applies for a Student Visa, they will be automatically issued a TRV visa as well.

​Student Visa applications are a lenghty process. The application requires detailed personal and family information. Many documents must be provided to strengthen and support the application. Canada’s screening process is only done by a paper application with no interview. Therefore, it is extremely important to prepare a strong application as the visa officer will make a decision solely based on the information provided in the application. They will not request any additional information.

​Most do not understand this process and there is a high rate of refusal when an individual applies on their own. After receiving a refusal, the individual has been flagged and any subsequent application must be as strong as possible in order to have any chance of approval. We can help you re-apply.

Study Permit Refused
Work while Studying

Work while Studying

It is possible to work in Canada while studying, under any Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s work programs for students. Following are several categories which permits a student to work in Canada:

1. On campus without a work permit
2. Off campus with a work permit
3. In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is a part of the curriculum, with a work permit.
4. Spouses and common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for a work permit for the duration similar to study permit.

Upon graduation from a Canadian College or University, a student is allowed to apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. Under this program, you may get work permit up to a maximum of three years.

Graduation and Canadian work experience earns a candidate extra points to qualify for Canadian Permanent Residence applications.

Is your Consultant Registered?

Ensure your chosen consultant is licensed to practice by the Canadian Goverment. Immigration consultants must be a member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), Lawyers or notaries from a Canadian provincial or territorial law society, or the Chambre des notaires du Québec. Paralegals (Ontario only) must be members of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If they are not members in good standing, you should not use their services.